Do you have an Aetna Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) that changed to WellCare?
If so, you may have received notice in the mail about WellCare’s recent acquisition of Aetna’s standalone Prescription Drug Plans (PDP).
What you need to know about the change:
- During 2019, there is no action required on your part. There will be no changes to your 2019 prescription drug plan coverage, and you will be able to access your benefits using your Aetna member ID card. You may also continue to use Aetna’s website (https://www.aetnamedicare.com) to access your 2019 plan information and other member resources.
- Effective Jan 1, 2020, you will be enrolled in a WellCare PDP unless you choose a different plan during Annual Enrollment Period (AEP).
- In September, you will receive your Annual Notice of Change; this will explain how your benefits may change in 2020. You will receive a personalized notification of any changes to your drug coverage and pharmacy network.
- Beginning October 1, you will be able to check the formulary for your 2020 plan to see if your medications are covered.
- If you choose to keep your existing plan after the Annual Enrollment Period, you will be mailed a new WellCare ID Card before your January 1 effective date.
Still have questions about the transition from Aetna to WellCare? Visit www.wellcare.com, select your state and follow the link to the PDP transition page for updates.